Contaminated alcohol in the Philippines causes eleven deaths and hundreds of hospitalisations

Hundreds of people have been hospitalised and eleven people have died in the Philippines following consumption of contaminated coconut wine (lambanog). The outbreak occurred in the provinces of Laguna and Quezon and is thought to be the result of unregulated production of lambanog that was contaminated with methanol.

Source: https://www.theyucatantimes.com/2019/12/11-people-die-in-the-philippines-after-drinking-coconut-wine-during-the-holidays/